This seminar is designed specifically for teachers with less than 5 years' experience in the classroom and will provide strategies for developing a positive approach to behaviour leadership and discipline.
During this highly practical seminar Bill will share:
• The core principals of positive behaviour leadership and discipline skills
• The language of correction and discipline
• How to establish a class well - covering basics such as initiating and sustaining attention, engagement and motivation, noise levels and time-on-task
• How to develop a class behaviour agreement - whole class/developing rights, responsibilities and rules
• Following up and following-through with students, especially those who present with on-going 'behaviour problems'
• Developing effective use of 'time-out'
• Using behaviour consequences
• Managing frustration and anger in behaviour management situations
• Managing challenging students in and out of class
• Key aspects of colleague support – peer coaching/mentoring/appraisal
Completing ‘Behaviour Management for Beginning Teachers’ will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.3.2, 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Register a Group & Save
Register 5 or more delegates and pay $220.00 per person
Registration 8.30am – 9.00am Seminar 9.00am – 3.00pm
The Dynamic Learning Group is endorsed to provide the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.